Well, he flew into an airport in the next big city (where Ronnie has his internship, 45 miles away).
So the whole fam drove over (Ronnie and I separately because he had a work bbq in the afternoon) to be at the airport to await Adam's 9:45 p.m. flight.
The plane was early and my family's car was running a little late, so they came bursting into the airport all commercial-like. (It was fantastic!)
We got the signs all ready, the balloons out and the kids looking good and waited for people to get off the plane.
One person gets off, then another two, then two people in wheelchairs, then another two people and then someone from the flight crew comes in (not a good sign).
Turns out he wasn't on the stinking flight.
So, I took a picture of where he SHOULD have come through the door.

And Erc and Alayna felt like this.
And Sassy and I felt the same way.
So, to spare you all of the phone calls and the unhelpful customer service people and the like, my parent's car just drove down to the Denver Airport to pick him up and Ronnie, Easton and I headed back to Laramie. (Our reasons for not going to Denver? We couldn't all fit in one car, so we would see him in the airport for about 20 minutes, then not even get to chat with him on the way home all for 4 extra hours of driving. Not so very worth it). We do love Adam though.So, he is home, safe and sound and I have happy pictures of us all, but they are not on my camera, so you will have to wait for those.
3 comments:
I'm glad Adam is home, safe and sound! How frustrating that he wasn't on the flight you were waiting for, though.
Your pictures are perfect for this post. :)
lol, you are kidding me!! too anti climatic, sheesh. ;) i'm glad he's home safe and sound!
Oh that is sucks! But seriously I love the pictures! Plus thanks so much for dinner the other night!
Post a Comment