You should have known it was coming. The birthday wrap-up, just a bit shy of a month late.
A good friend located this Dora kitchen on Freecycle for me. You can't beat free. Someday I hope to have one of those super cute wooden kitchens, but based on how much my kids love any kitchen, maybe I'll never bite the bullet to buy one. I guess we'll have to see.
We set it up unwrapped in the living room. When Kendree woke up (she is ALWAYS the first kid up and at 'em) she walked right over, asked if it was for her and then proceeded to wash her hands. She obviously knows what you do prior to food preparation.
Once Easton was up, they went right to work putting all of our play food and dishes away. Also, my kids have no idea who Dora is, so Kendree pointed to the giant head and asked, "Me?" I guess Dora does look similar to her. So now, she thinks the kitchen is all about her. Gotta love it.Enjoying her favorite lunch, mac n' cheese.
And later that night, unwrapping presents. I love all things Melissa and Doug, and a new kitchen was begging for some new food.
Kendree with her loot.
Right after blowing out the candles.
And a close up of the cake. I made cake in soup cans (idea from Oh Happy Day) and then frosted in "rosettes" of a sort. It was the perfect amount of cake for our little family.
The next day, we celebrated AGAIN at grandma's house. Kendree got her very own wallet (in hopes that she will stop emptying mama's all of the time).
Then she and Easton unwrapped her big present from Grandma and Grandpa Wyo...a new shopping cart!
They immediately got to work filling it up with friends. This cart is awesome. It won't roll when there is two much weight (say if a kid gets in it) and looks super cute to boot.
Now we play "chef" all of the time!
I have some videos to upload as well, but it looks like that might be a post for another day.











1 comment:
Those pigtails are about the cutest thing I have ever seen. Love the cake too!! And the shopping cart?!! Miss Amelia is going to need one of those, I can just tell.
Post a Comment