Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Trip to Canada

Ronnie attends a small conference every year for his firm.  It is different than most, as they call it a "networking" conference and the purpose is for everyone to get to know one another, not to take classes, etc.  This means that there is only a short, four hour time frame when I am not invited to tag along.  It makes for the perfect excuse for a trip.

This year, the conference was in Vancouver, Canada.  Ronnie and I finally had an excuse to get passports and since Brynlee is still nursing, she got to come along as well.

Grandpa and Grandma Cali came up to take care of the other three kids and it was an arrangement loved by both sides.

Hanging out in the Denver airport, ready to go!

When we got into Vancouver, we made our way to our hotel (the Wedgewood) and then took a walk down to the seawall.

Selfie on the seawall.

Views


On our way back to to the hotel we were starving and tried out a little All you can eat sushi and Korean BBQ.  It was pretty fun to BBQ your own meat at your table!


The next day, we drove out to see the Vancouver temple.  It was beautiful.



After the temple, we went to Stanley Park.  We drove the loop, then went around again and stopped at a few different places.

Brynlee was a trooper! She hung out in her carseat like a champ and was just along for the ride.

The next morning was the only time that Ronnie had a meeting.  I met up with two of the wives (my favorite ones) and we hit up the art museum right by our hotel.  It was not quite what I was expecting.  I am no art expert, but enjoy some things.  This particular museum was a little too "crazy" for my taste, but it was still fun to see some of the installations. Like this one made out of antique three-legged stools. It was taller than my house and at least as big.


That afternoon we got on a bus and went up to the Sea to Sky Gondola at Squamish.



Backtracking a bit, here are more pictures of our time at Stanley Park.





And now switching back again, to the Gondola ride.






 Walking across the suspension bridge.


 The group of hikers.  We went on a 1.5 mile hike.  I carried Brynlee in the Baby Bjorn and she slept the entire time!

See? evidence!

We had a wonderful time in Canada!  I can't wait to go back!

No comments: