Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The New House: May

May was move-in month which means a lot of things happened and I have approximately a million to share in this post.  Brace yourselves - or skip this, whatever you prefer.

Granite was installed at the very beginning of the month. It was a relief that I still liked the stone since I had only ever seen a one foot square piece of it. These were the pictures Ronnie texted to me that day as I was working in Laramie.

[Mud room]

[Kitchen]

[Kitchen]

[Master Bathroom]
(this picture of our master bathroom sinks is the truest to the color in real life)

[Downstairs Bathroom]

[Laundry Room]
In the laundry room, I did a different granite (only room in the house that I switched).  This one was selected off a 3 inch square piece of granite.

[Hall Bathroom]

[Lockers]

 A few days later, I had done some cleaning and took some more pictures.













 In preparation for final inspection, Ronnie and my dad built these back steps.  We decided to build them with Trex (or something like that from Menards) so that we will never have to sand them.  That was one thing that was such a pain with the steps at our last house.


Next up, the plumbers came in to install final fixtures and a few appliances.

Then, carpet was installed and it started to actually feel like a house!

 Appliances were also all in.



A few more pictures of the carpet.  Again, probably I am the only one who wants to look at these.




That view never gets old (well at least not yet).

On Saturday, May 21st, we moved in. We had received our Certificate of Occupancy two days before. We had a ton of help and couldn't have done it without everyone's help.  I also decided that I am never moving again.

It's kind of hard to see, but we waited a few days to get the shower door installed.


These barstools were some of the first furniture purchases made.  I love them but Ronnie does not.  At $24 a piece, the price couldn't be beat and they definitely work for now.

Also before final inspection (but picture waited until after) Ronnie and a few friends put in this steel railing on the front steps.


We officially closed on the home May 31.  It was an amazing feeling to actually have the house be ours after months and months of work.

 Just a few days ago (so the end of June, I took the following pictures of the "after" of moving in.  We are not done yet, but this is a good representation of feeling done-ish

[view from the front door-living room]

[another angle of the living room]

[the family room - sorry for the glaring window]

 [another view of the family room]

 [View from the family room into the kitchen]

 [Kitchen]



 [Dining Area]

[The view]

[Locker area - in all its unorganized glory]

[Master bedroom]

 [Master Bedroom]

 [Master Bedroom]

[Master Bathroom]

 [Jetted Tub]

 [Master closet]

[Hall Bathroom]

[Guest Bedroom - with piles to go to Goodwill on top]

No comments: