1. When you purchase a shirt, do you do the "bend over" test to make sure you aren't showing a little more than you would like to?
2. How do you organize your household chores? One massive cleaning day? A little everyday? Certain chores for certain days?
3. What dinner do you ALWAYS have the ingredients for?
4. How often do you talk to your parents on the phone? Your siblings?
5. How many plastic totes of decorations do you own? (Your decorations not kept in totes? How many would you guess?)
1. I don't normally do this test, but I had a chat with my Grandma last weekend about how many women show a little sumthin,sumthin when they bend over in Primary, or helping their child, etc. that I am DEFINITELY starting.
2. In an apartment, I always did the everything in one day method. Mondays it was. I'm finding that not quite a reality in a bit larger place. Currently I do the nitty-gritty stuff (bathrooms, mopping, dusting) all on one day and then spread out the laundry, vacuuming and sweeping. I'm sure I could be more efficient though.
3. Ritz Chicken. Crushed Ritz crackers, melted butter and chicken breasts or tenders. Coat the chicken and bake at 350 for 45 minutes (breasts) or 30 minutes (tenders).
4. Mom-daily, Dad-2-3 times a week, Sister-every other day, Younger siblings-weekly-ish.
5. Two totes of non-Christmas decorations (all those other holidays) and while my Christmas stuff is not in totes, I would guess about 3-4.
7 comments:
1. I've never had that problem... I guess I do make sure too much rib cage isn't showing... the glory of A cups!
2. I do the deep cleaning when I can't stand the grime anymore, everything else gets done daily.
3. I always have ingredients for homemade macaroni and cheese, elbow macaroni, milk, butter, cheese and flour. When I'm feeling gourmet, I'll add parmesan cheese on top and broil until brown.
4. Mom, almost daily, Dad, twice a year usually. Sisters weekly and brothers usually every 3 months or so.
5. Christmas 3 totes, all other holidays 1 or less.
1.I'm old so I cover everything. I wish more mommies would do the bend over test!
2.I love Tuesdays--my cleaning ladies come! I tried different methods of organizing cleaning efforts. But if I knew I had to mop the floor every Tuesday I probably wouldn't get up on Tuesdays! I tried to keep things semi tidy, little house again. My day always went better if I awoke to a clean kitchen. I've always liked to entertain so this was good inncentive to keep things clean. Nasty jobs like the fridge, windows, storage room etc. I did when something smelled and I could no longer stand it! I often think 'who am I ignoring today' when I spend too much time cleaning. Remember, you will NEVER be done, use your cleaning time wisely.
Laundry was/is an ongoing process. When the kiddies were little we didn't own enough clothes for a 'weekly' laundry day. Lots of kids, little house, not enough drawers so I did a batch of darks and a batch of lights daily. Max usually required a load of baseball uniforms/stinky workout clothes daily. When he went on his mission I finally was able to do laundry weekly.
Is this enough info KaLee? I'm sure I could write a book, fiction of course!
3. Homemade tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Chicken tenders cooked many ways. Pasta.
4. I love to chat with my kids. I talk to the girls more than the boys. I have to keep in mind time zones, meal times, naps etc. Scott always calls me during dinner. The girls often call while in the car; kids are restrained and all in one location. Jill did get a ticket for talking on the phone while driving. She now has a hands free device. I want to be available anytime they need to talk/laugh/cry. It is all about relationships.
5. Too many!
Thanks KaLee for another round of burning questions!
1. No, unfortunately, I have nothing to show.
2. I have no organization strategy, but by the looks of my house right now, it's clear that I need one!
3. Cereal or Top Ramen.
4. I try to call my mom and grandma once a week. I never talk to my brother on the phone, which makes me sad. Curtis is always talking to his siblings on the phone and I love it.
5. 2 totes.
1. I don't, but maybe I should start, although I don't have much in the way of sumthin, sumthin so perhaps it's not a worry!
2. I do the same things almost everyday. The only exceptions are vacuuming/mopping and ironing. I definately know I could be more efficient but not sure what I would be willing to put off for another day.
3. Chicken enchiladas or 'darn good chili'.
4. My mom - weekly, siblings, hmmm monthly unless we feel the need. We do email alot though.
5. I am like you, definitley more christmas decorations. Maybe 3 medium totes of other seasons and 2 or 3 large totes for Christmas.
1. I haven't bought clothes in a really long time...but I'm at the phase in my life where longer is better. Always :)
2. the house gets a really good once over every day. I also like to vaccum everyday just because it looks better. I try and make it so at any given time, someone could stop by my house and I won't be embarrassed. It's not too hard to keep the house clean though because my kiddos don't have a ton of toys, and scott and I don't have a lot of stuff. We keep it simple. As for the deep cleaning, I'm like amber...I do it when it starts to bug me.
3. Hawaiian haystacks, homemade chicken strips, burritos.
4. My mom daily, my sisters a couple times a week, my brothers not as often. I talk to my dad every few weeks, but I text him pictures of the kiddos almost daily.
5. two totes, both christmas. I have made a goal to start decorating more for different holidays though...I owe it to my kids!!
1. I don't do the test, but I only buy really long shirts, or tall shirts, so I don't really have a problem. A regular shirt would be to shirt without even bending over.
2. I do the chores all the time. It is to much to do in one day with a house and little kids who can't really help. And now, with our wood floor, I sweep it almost everyday. My life is just never ending, consistent chores.
3. I have the ingredients to most meals, actually- unless it needs fresh produce. Hooray for food storage.
4. I talk to my mom and dad once a week, but my mom a few times more than that. Annie about once a week, Katie and David a little more sporadically.
5. 4 for Christmas, and than a drawer thing for all other holidays.
These posts are fun. :)
1. I buy all shirts extra long so I don't do the bend over test. Although it wouldn't be a bad idea to start just in case...
2. I straighten up every morning and keep up with the kitchen but every other chore has an assigned day. I wouldn't get anything done otherwise!
3. Good ol' easy spaghetti.
4. Mom twice a week, dad usually only if he answers the phone when I call Mom, one sister a few times a week and my other 3 sibblings usually just online or text, I hardly ever talk to them on the phone.
5. I wish I had decorations! But I'm not crafty or creative so I only have two totes, one for Christmas and another for all the rest.
Post a Comment