Wednesday, November 03, 2010

While we're talking about babies...

perhaps I will enlighten you with my rules for baby gifts.

1. Books.  Everyone can always use more books (especially first-time mommies).
2. Disposable stuff.  You might as well give something that they are going to have to throw away spend money on anyway.
3. Handmade.  You can't go wrong with a handmade gift.  [unless your homemade gift is not usable or cute, but I know I'm not talking to anyone in that category]
4. If you are going to buy clothes, buy 9 months or up.  Everyone loves the tiny stuff, so you are sure to give an outfit that will really get used if you buy the bigger sizes. [I don't always follow my own advice.  Sometimes a darling outfit will sway even me]

Now go forth and give! :)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love reading your blog when I get a chance! I'm with ya on the baby gift giving:) Now, with that in mind, while we live in AZ, I have found that giving swimming suits and swim diapers are the way to go... I get them on clearance at the end of the season, and am set for the next year! It seems like something no one else thinks of but everyone here needs:) Shh! don't let my secret out!

Carolyn said...

KaLee, I love the nuggets of wisdom that you impart on your blog. As I read through these, I thought "She's absolutely right! I'll remember that next time..."

Candise said...

Amen, amen!