Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Baby Must-Haves: The Sequel

You probably don't remember, but when Easton was six months old I did a post about my favorite baby gear.  I thought that it was time for a re-visit to that idea, seeing as how I am totally an experienced mom now and my opinion should mean that much more to you.  Dudes, I have TWO kids.  How can I not know it all?!?!

:)

There are a few things that remain on my list.  I love them forever more and will probably ask to have them placed in my casket [note that when I was typing, I totally typed bassinet right there the first time] when I die.  I'm just going to type a few notes, but you can refer to my first list if you want a little more information.

1. Triple Paste.  I cross my heart, this stuff is the bomb-diggety, no doubt.  Just the fact that I have 3-4 tubes in my house at all times should attest to the wonderful-ness.

2. Kiddopotamus SwaddleMe.  They are now carried in every Wal-Mart I've been in lately and are only $10 each.  You NEED this product, I promise.

3. Papasean Cradle Swing by Fisher Price.  I still have the same complaint--this baby takes up a lot of floor space, but seeing as how Kendree still enjoys a swing every day, I can't give it up.  I need that hands-free time.

4. BundleMe by JJCole.  Again, I'll refer you to my first post, but know this, I'm getting it out for Kendree again as soon as the snow flies.  As long as my babies are in the Graco car seat and it is winter, they'll be using it.

As for the other five items on my previous must-have list?  I still used them with Kendree [except the binky, she won't take that], but if necessary, I could have lived without them.  Some of that is due to the fact that as I have mentioned approximately 1 bazillion times, Kendree is such a content little gal. 

Now, onto the things that I like.  Again, I'll refer you to my previous post and go from there.
I still really like the Bounce Bounce seat, the bath seat and my beloved pump.  I haven't used a mobile for Kendree [and would prefer for her to not get attached] and have never been able to use the Baby Bjorn like I want to.  For what it is worth, I've tried the Moby wrap [well, a homemade one] and purchased a baby carrier from www.sevenslings.com.  I like the sling from Seven Slings the best.  It's a small piece of fabric that can stay in my diaper bag all the time, Kendree stays really snug in it and I don't have to wrap a super long piece of fabric around myself.

And finally, the items that "they" tell you to buy that I just don't use.
I stick by my previous opinion on the Boppy.  I thought I could turn things around between the Boppy and me with baby #2.  I knew that I didn't want to use it for nursing purposes, but was convinced that I could find uses for it.  I did lay Kendree on top of it a total of 10 times as a newborn (more use than it ever got with Easton), but then I promptly forgot about it and never used it again.  As for the Bouncer, I did end up sending it to my sitters' houses [thanks mom and Erc!] and it seemed to get use there, that being said, I didn't miss it at my house.

New additions you ask?
1. Fisher Price Deluxe Booster Seat.  I initially heard about this from my cousin Amy.  It seemed like a great solution for apartment life, and I still love it.  It's compact, can go anywhere and served as Easton's booster seat until we needed it for Kendree two months ago.

I think that's it!  Thanks for sticking with me and I'd love to hear your thoughts on all of this.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I love what you love believe it or not. I have the bundle me, was a saving grace, loved it. I have the fischer price booster seat and both my boys have loved it. I have a hotsling, identical to your sevensling. I really liked this. I also used my swing constantly with Cade, he really enjoyed it, Ethan no so much. Both my guys have loved their binkys and the same brand. I think the only other thing that I invested in this time round was a nursing cover and I loved it! My sister in law is now using it and has enjoyed it also.
~ It was kind of nostalgic to think back on some of the items, but I am NOT ready for a little someone planned or unplanned anytime soon.