but I find it incredibly easy to be negative.
This person was mean to me...
I can't believe that so and so said this or that...
Easton/Kendree is driving me crazy...
The whining! Somebody stop the whining...
We can't afford...
I wish...
I received some news this week that wasn't the best. That's pretty much all I can say at the moment, but it made me stop for a minute and think.
Think about the many, many, many blessings I have been given. Think about my little family and the joy that they bring me. Think about the family I grew up in and my in-laws and all that they do/have done for us. Think about my Savior and the blessings of his atonement. Think about my priorities in life and how I can be a better mother/wife/sister/friend/daughter.
So, I thought.
And then I decided to thank.
Thank those in my life that make my life better and make me a better person. Thank Heavenly Father for those people and my many other blessings. Thank my husband for putting up with me. Thank my kids for letting me be their mother, mistakes and all.
3 comments:
KaLee, I have been feeling and thinking this same way. Makes me feel guilty but is a good dose of reality. I am so thankful and need to let that be known more often than not!
Thank you for being a part of our family - a wonderful wife to our son and a great mother to our grandchildren. Yes, we do need to stop and count our blessings more often and not just when saying our prayers. We love you all.
love this post!!!! you are an amazing person KaLee :)
Post a Comment