Friday, July 22, 2011

Kendree - 17 months

At 17 months, Kendree is really turning on the chatter.  She says the following words consistently and will attempt to copy almost anything you want her to say (except her name and Easton's names--those you have to catch her in the perfect mood):

all aboard - (aw bob)
outside (ow sye)
Kendree (kaw ee)
Easton (ceee)
more (mo)
please (sssssss)
Mama (pawpaw)
Daddy (dada)
out (ow)
uh-oh
Night-Night (nye-nye)
apple (aw-pull)
up
tag (ta)
purple (purr-pah)
banana (dada)
five (fye)
thank you (tay-to)
hot (ha)
hat (ha) (the signing is the only way to tell the difference between these two)
catch (ta)
what's this (wah dis)
what's that (wah da)

She continues to sign constantly and it is such a help when she wants things she can't say (like "drink").  She also is very good at going over to the fridge and attempting to open it whenever she is hungry/thirsty.

As I mentioned last month, she has been quite the screamer.  She would scream really high-pitched if she didn't get her way/you didn't understand, etc.  With the addition of more words and signs, the screaming has diminished SIGNIFICANTLY!  I don't know if I could have handled it much longer, so it has been fantastic.

I find myself beginning to think of her as a toddler instead of a baby (gasp!).  She never stops moving and attempts to do anything that Easton does. (I think the words tag, catch and all aboard illustrate that quite nicely). The one thing that slows her down is the stairs.  She goes up with no problem, but HATES to turn around to go down.  I think that stems from Easton not turning around.  So, she will stand at the top for a minute or two and then, well, I'm not sure what she will do as so far I have always been there to help her down.  As soon as she has a grip on even one of my fingers she steps off with complete faith.  The girl is going to really hurt herself someday. :)

She got two new teeth this month (total teeth =5).  Her top left came in on July 2nd and the one next to that came in July 16th.

Kendree continues to nap one time a day and sleep through the night.  She loves the outside and cries when I won't let her out in the hottest parts of the day.  We love our Kenny girl!

Dressing up as Elmo!
 The closest to an "official" 17 month picture that I got.
 Silly Glasses:
 Wants the camera:
 Wearing goggles while watching everyone else swim (not that I wouldn't let her, the water was just a bit cold for her)
Videos of her walking are currently uploading, so I'll get those up in a separate post very soon!

No comments: