Alternately titled: One more reason I love my family.
1. Have a dad who has worked in the heating & A/C business for much of his life (on the side, since he has to keep up appearances as a college professor).
2. Have a husband who lets you make the decision of whether getting an A/C is crucial for this particular summer, or if you can hold off one more year.
3. Be pregnant, so that no part of the above mentioned decision is very difficult.
4. Have an uncle who owns the family heating & A/C shop. It also helps if he bought a few extra A/C units in the "old" style (freon instead of puron) which are still sitting in his warehouse collecting inches of dust.
5. Have a brother who will entertain your 3 year old while the dad and the husband finish up a few things (this brother should also carry anything that anyone wants and run to get random tools and things from random places).
6. Find a local friend to do the "charging" of the unit and solder all of the pieces together. In his off hours. For pennies on the dollar of what other places were quoting.
7. Set your thermostat for 74 degrees and bask in your coolness. Literally. Also, an ice cold Diet Dr. Pepper and a good book will only enhance the experience.
The Jord-man and Easton playing a little football:
Daddy-O putting the finishing touches on the inside unit thingy (very technical term there).
Seriously, the best thing we have done all summer.




4 comments:
That is awesome. Yay for such wonderfully helpful family! Total luck out there my girl. Enjoy the cool air!
I am soooo excited for you! I have been really sad thinking about you without a/c! Enjoy!
Yay for AC! I'm glad you're loving it.
I'm glad you got it!!!
Post a Comment