Thursday, August 11, 2011

24 Weeks

And here we are 4 weeks later. I've gotten a few comments from co-workers asking if I'm sure that I'm not due until the end of November, so I suppose that means I am looking a little on the large side. :)  I'm just convinced that my body is really good at stretching this 3rd time around.

Everything is looking good with baby and I'm measuring right on schedule (so take that co-worker ladies!).  The doctor this appointment (there are about 10 in the office I go to and I have yet to meet them all) was very concerned that I have only gained 8 pounds since my first appointment and as such is making me come in every 2 weeks to have a weight check.  I tried to tell her that I eat PLENTY (with lots of unhealthy snacks as well) but she was unconvinced.  When I was telling Ronnie about it, he suggested I slip a few weights in my pockets for my next appointment to appease them.  (and just to calm any that are concerned about this weight thingy....I began this pregnancy on the heavy side for my weight, which means that I can gain just 15 lbs. total for the pregnancy and still have a healthy and normal baby.  I figure that 16 weeks is plenty of time to gain at least 7 more pounds.  Also, I gained 23 pounds with both of my other pregnancies and fully expect to gain at least that with this pregnancy, my weight gain just comes in the latter half of my pregnancies).

Anyway, I'm feeling great.  Despite the look of a huge stomach, I still feel like I can move in a relatively normal way.  I get a very stiff left hip if I sit for too long, but with two kiddos keeping me busy at home, this has only happened when I go into the office and can sit uninterrupted.

Ronnie and I are basically avoiding name discussions at this point, so I don't have any updates there.  We'll see if I can convince him to have a conversation about it sometime soon. :)

The ladies at work are also convinced that this one is a girl, although they were convinced that Kendree was a boy, so we can see their rate of success.  In my head I think of this baby as a girl, but I think that I just assume I'm having whatever gender I had last time (since in my head Kendree was a boy).

Easton has decided that he would like a boy baby, but whenever talking about the baby he uses girl pronouns (her, she, etc.).  If you ask him what he wants to name the baby, he responds with nonsense words (last time it was Friess).

I think that's it for now....any questions?

Wanna look back? 20 weeks, 18 weeks, 16 weeks.

2 comments:

Pedersen Posse said...

Glad to hear everything is okay. I wish I had your weight gain "problem." I'm always at the other end of the spectrum... somewhere between 40 and 60 pounds. You look great! However, hate to say it, but I'm going for honesty here and trying to see your co-workers sides. Your tummy looks as big in this picture as I remember you getting near the end with Kendree. I think babies 1 and 2 have indeed stretched you out a bit. :) Again, you do look great and not abnormally large!

Amber said...

I'll take your 8 lbs and raise you 19.. Yes, I've gained 27 lbs so far!! I still have 9 weeks to go. You look fantastic, and healthy, so fun to see your updates KaLee!