Seriously though, 30 was not a crisis in anyway. The gray hair I am finding consistently is a bit more alarming to me, if we are being honest. I'm sure that some of this is because I'm kinda where I imagined myself to be when I was a Beehive. I'm married to a hott husband. I have three
I realize I am incredibly blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father many times a day.
In case you are wondering, having a birthday on a Sunday in December when your husband is the Bishop and in the middle of tithing settlement is not the ideal situation. Keep that in mind for future reference. I'm sure it will be immensely helpful.
My wonderful parents offered to come over and cook me my birthday dinner since Ron doesn't normally get home from church until 7pm or later (this was when we had 1-4pm church, it is better now). It turned out wonderfully and wonderfully delicious!
My mom made sure we all mourned the death of my youth appropriately...
And the Cheesecake Factory cheesecake I purchased for myself at Sam's Club was as good as I hoped. :)
I had lots of help blowing out my 30 candles! It was determined that 30 may be the end of the "actual number of candles on your cake" as the smoke was pretty intense and we were concerned about sleeping Devynee getting awoken by the fire alarm!
I was as spoiled as one should be. The biggest surprise being that Ronnie purchased a water softener for our house! This may seem like the lamest gift ever, but I LOVE soft water. Love what it does to help my dry skin and hair. On the flip side, Ronnie hates soft water. For this reason, I assumed I would never have soft water unless we purchased a home with a water softener already installed. So, this gift was like the Gift of the Magi if you will. Ronnie will suffer everyday so I can be happy. I'm convinced that he will grow to love it as well. :)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday! Congrats on joining the 30 club :) (I'm also concerned about those silly white hairs that keep appearing... although Jeff tells me to be proud of them. Well, I'll be proud of them when I'm 50 not when I'm 30!) Also, way to go on the Cheesecake- a great idea and sounds super yummy. You look amazing and enjoy your soft water!
30 looks pretty good when 60 is only a few years off. I remember the day you were born!
Somebody once asked what one of our Christmas traditions was--I answered Tithing Settlement. Yup it eats up most of December--only 5 more years to go KaLee.
I'm glad you had a great day and I agree. I can't live without a water softener!
Post a Comment