Over the President's Day weekend, my mom, Erica (sister), Alicia (sister-in-law) and I traveled to Utah to attend a Frugality Boot Camp put on by www.funcheaporfree.com. My dad agreed to be our chauffeur (actually, he went to visit his mom and be our chauffeur). I originally saw a post about this website by my good friend Nicky, (Hi Nicky!) and began following the blog.
Everyone budgets so differently and I've never found a system that I could get behind (I refuse to do cash-based because all I can think about is the points/bonuses I'm missing out on from my credit card - which I pay off every month, by the way). Jordan (the girl behind this website) has a system that has worked for me for over a year now. It can be cash or credit card based and it just makes sense to me.
Anyway, we were able to score tickets to the boot camp for super cheap (after all, it is a frugality boot camp) and we made a girls trip out of it. Thanks to all of the husbands, aunts and uncles who made it possible!
Here's a few links to the things she talks about that I have implemented successfully:
The Envelope Budget
The 3-month Rule
Multiple Bank Accounts (I don't actually have 7, but more makes things surprisingly simple)
Anyway, like most things in life, you have to use what you can and take other things with a grain of salt. :)
During the weekend we were able to eat at some of our favorite restaurants (Zupas, new pizza place in Pleasant Grove, Baskin Robbins) and spend plenty of quality time together.
It should be noted that on Sunday morning I SLEPT (as in actually slept and not just laid in bed) until 10:10 a.m. My mom and dad were taking bets and my mom thought I was asleep, but my dad was sure that I was just reading in bed.
It. Was. Glorious.
Later that day we were able to travel to Morgan, Utah to listen to my cousin's homecoming talk and visit with more family, then we hit the road for wonderful Wyoming.
The weekend was fantastic.
I only took out my camera for three pictures.
At the boot camp.
And of course, at Baskin Robbins.
No comments:
Post a Comment