Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Cheyenne Frontier Days 2014

Ronnie's parents came to visit at the beginning of the festivities.  We took the opportunity to take them to the Cinch Rodeo (my parents were there too, but I am not as good of a child and didn't get a picture).

We were four rows above the shoots (my favorite way to watch the rodeo - and not just for the nice looking wranglers. :) )

A few action shots.


The next evening, Ronnie and I were able to take advantage of the free babysitters and hit the Lady A concert.

Clay Walker opened.  Ronnie started listening to country music about a decade after I did, so some of the older artists he doesn't think he knows until they start playing their songs.

The only blurry picture I got of Lady A.  Concert pictures are always so pathetic, but yet we feel that we have to prove we were there. :)

After a few fun days with Grandma and Grandpa Cali, we all (minus Ron) hit the Tuesday parade downtown. Thanks to Ron's co-worker for the secret shady spot and the perfect way to set up. I'd say that the kids were excited to be there, yes?

Grandma and Grandpa left later in the day on Tuesday.  The next morning, Chelsea (my friend) and I met at LCCC for the Thunderbirds airshow.  There was a 45 minute delay for cloud cover, so the kids tried to entertain themselves a bit.  I have no idea what they are doing here.


Thanks to some ear protection, the show was a success!




The next day, a good high school friend, Jodie, and her kids came over to hang out.  We love that they are forced to visit us every year. [no pictures of our hanging out, unfortunately]

That night, Jodie called to tell me that she had an extra ticket to Brad Paisley if I wanted to come.  I had to get a babysitter for an hour as Ron was at a baptism but thanks to good neighbors was able to pull it off and go! Our tickets got us into close, protected standing room.  We were about this close to Brad.

I love this girl!

After about 45 minutes, Kyle, Jodie's husband was able to sweet talk us into the VIP section and we were THIS close to Brad!  It was amazing. (Kyle is the track announcer for all of the CFD rodeos so he knows everyone. Seriously. Everyone).

While I was partying with Brad, daddy let Easton stay up until 10:30 p.m. to watch the Angel game.  He is way nicer than I am.

We were supposed to go to the rodeo as a family on Friday, but our free tickets from Ron's work were requested by a client, so we were bumped.  Ahh, the joys of free tickets. ;)

Instead, we went to How to Train Your Dragon 2 in the theater.  We were the only ones in there and it was so nice (especially because Devynee told me she had to use the bathroom no less than five times during the movie - each time was a false alarm.  The joys of potty training).

On Saturday, Ron and I were able to go to Tim McGraw!  It was a great show and a great time.

It was the 3rd most attended concert ever at CFD and the party zone was insane!

And our blurry Tim picture, for proof. :)

A lot of people in Cheyenne hate CFD, but I love it.  Fun, fun, fun for 9 days (just think of all those places with tourist seasons that are months long).  Can't wait for Keith Urban and Miranda Lambert next year!

No comments: