Monday, July 27, 2015

Cheyenne Frontier Days 2015

Another great CFD season this year.  I know so many people in Cheyenne that hate this time of year, but I LOVE it! I figure if you live here you have to embrace it.  Plus, I've been a country music fan my entire life, so it is people I actually want to see that come.

I was able to get some tickets to Miranda Lambert through my work and we lined up some friends to come with us.  It was FREEZING that night (the coldest I have ever been at CFD).  She was an okay show, but not what I was anticipating.  That may have had something to do with the fact that she and Blake announced their divorce the next morning.

Itty-bitty Miranda.


The next week, we got tickets to see the Championship Bull Riding through Ronnie's work.  It was the one night event that I had never been to.  It was fun and for free it was great, but I'm not sure I would pay money on top of babysitting to go in the future.


 One of the perks of CFD is that my high school friend, Jodie, comes to town.  Her husband is the track announcer for the rodeos.  We usually spend a few days hanging out and letting her kids get off the rodeo grounds (plus, I let her do laundry at my house - I'm an awesome friend).

One day when they were here, it rained a ton, so the kids headed out to play in the gutter (one of the best things about childhood, I think).





Ronnie's firm's rodeo tickets are just 5 rows above the shoots - the best for rodeo viewing.  We took Easton and Kendree.  It was boiling hot, but we had fun!




Our last hurrah was Keith Urban with friends.  I made Ronnie take me on one carnival ride before this concert (next year I'm determined to get wrist bands for the kids and do more of the rides.  I'm like a little kid on those).


Keith Urban was a FANTASTIC entertainer.  One of the best I've ever been to.  I loved it!


No comments: