Friday, November 03, 2006

M&Ms

It was the year 1999; I was a sophomore in high school and pretty much the coolest girl ever. But this post is not about me….it is dedicated to my younger sister, Erica. She is just two years younger than me, and is fortunate enough to look nearly exactly like me. (just kidding, Erc!) Erica was in 8th grade and also a very cool girl. She was sitting in her drafting class talking to the boy next to her (BNTH), when the subject turned to music. The conversation went something like this:

BNTH: “So have you heard about Eminem, the new white rapper?”

Erc: “Uh….no, M&Ms have a brown wrapper.”

BNTH: “No, I mean Eminem, the new white rapper.” (I’m sure this was accompanied with some “ghetto” like hand motion)

Erc: “I just bought some at the store, and they had a brown wrapper!”

A few sentences later, Erica finally figured out that Eminem was indeed a new white rapper, but ever since that time, I can’t buy any form of M&Ms (brown, yellow, blue, or cream) without chuckling to myself in the candy aisle.

3 comments:

ithinkearthisheaven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen and Joe. said...

LOVE LOVE lOVE this story. LOVE IT. I've already shared it with someone. =)

KaLee said...

Thanks Jen! We tell this story EVERY time I am home around the dinner table. Ronnie must be sick of it by now. It never fails to have us all laughing so hard we cry.