Apartment life has its ups and downs that’s for sure. I love that it is affordable, basically commitment-free and that none of the problems are mine! If the ceiling caves in, microwave stops working, or fridge goes caput, I just sit back and wait for repairs to be done with minimal inconvenience on my part. I’m not quite as enamored by difficult parking, midnight vacuum sessions by the upstairs neighbors, and dumping my hard-earned money down the drain.
But most of all, I despise the lack of soft water.
My skin and hair know the difference and choose to share their dislike through itching, flaking and dryness (just dryness from the hair, not the other stuff). Because my love of soft water is a little on the freaky side, I have talked about it with several people and would like to let all of you (all 5 of you) know a little more.
Some people don’t like the slightly “slimy” feeling that is on your skin when you use soft water. You may feel that soap is still on your body. In response to this, I would like to propose that you wash your hands with soap under hard water until you feel you have gotten them clean-now lick your palm.
It tastes like Dawn or whatever soap you used.
Now, wash your hands with soap under soft water until you feel that you have gotten them clean-lick your palm.
It will taste like….the palm of your hand.
Contrary to your belief, soft water has removed all of the soap from your hand, while hard water has left a soap residue on your skin.
I encourage all of you to run, not walk to the nearest location with soft water, take a long shower and rejoice when you are not forced to put on lotion afterward!
5 comments:
AMEN.
I didn't know what hard water was until I moved to Utah.
And I, too, long for the day that I won't know when my neighbor upstairs is running their dishwasher, chasing their baby back and forth, or waking up in the middle of the night to adjust the thermostat.
(not to mention the arguing)...
KaLee--you can come to my house anytime and enjoy a wonder 'soft water shower'!!! You could also pay the $350 it will take to do a small repair on our water softner! Yes, the beauties of ownership! Love your blog KaLee!
This is just Ronnie talking, and since this blog has recently been revoked from my participation, I figure this is totally appropriate to comment in this fashion.
HONESTLY!! If you washed your hands under soft water til you felt like the soap was completely off, you would never stop washing them!!! Soft water is lame and yes I'd rather have dry skin and have "soap residue" left over than feel like I never got clean in the first place!!
Sorry, KaLee, I agree with Ronnie. But maybe the hard water is worse in Utah than California.
Karen
Sorry, KaLee, I agree with Ronnie. But maybe the hard water is worse in Utah than California.
Post a Comment