Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Who Paints the Floor?

Warning: this post contains LDS-specific words and references—if you don’t understand, I apologize.

Seminary. It all starts with Seminary. Most LDS youth attend an early-morning class during their high school years where they learn more about the scriptures (except those lucky dogs in Utah who do it during school). I loved seminary. Except for the 30 minutes right after my alarm went off. I also loved the catchy slogans and pictures that would be hung up to remind us to CTR (Choose the Right). In my day they were called MormonAds. They are now called New Era Posters.

There is a comedy group at BYU called Divine Comedy. They do shows several times a semester and most of their material is based off of LDS and BYU-specific situations. On their website they have redone quite a few of the old MormonAds and I find them HILARIOUS. I have included a few of them below, but encourage you to check out their website (there does seem to be some errors, so you can’t make the pictures bigger). Enjoy!










No comments: