Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Appeal to Those Who Are Smarter Than Me (that's all of you!)

So, I don't speak a lick of Spanish.

I'm pretty sure that was an *almost* deal breaker for Ronnie when making the decision to marry me.

We (read Ronnie really, really wants this to happen and I think it would be an okay idea) would like Easton to learn Spanish.

So, with Christmas and his birthday coming up, I'm asking the internet (well, not actually the internet--I'm asking you).

Are there any good DVD/CDs out there to teach my kid a language?

And I should probably mention that I will also be learning this way. (I'm fully prepared for the day when Easton asks me things in Spanish and I look at him with a blank face).

Anything?

Mucho Thanks.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

We have also been interested in doing this seeing as Cory served in Mexico and speaks spanish himself but I have yet to look into it, you are much more on the ball than I...
I have no clue where to start either... sorry that was a no help comment!!

Jen said...

I think that's mucho gracious?? J/K. I think this is a great idea, but unfortunately, I don't have any good ideas for you. I don't know any Spanish myself...even though I took 2 years of it in school. Let us know how it goes. :)

Michelle Williams said...

muchas gracias...i know that thanks to dona pilar at LHS

katie said...

just curious.....have you had anyone assume that you know spanish just because of your last name?? i had someone at the post office look at my driver's license that says "varga" and he assumed that it is a spanish name (its actually hungarian or something) and that i obviously know spanish because of it....i don't.

katie said...

just curious.....have you had anyone assume that you know spanish just because of your last name?? i had someone at the post office look at my driver's license that says "varga" and he assumed that it is a spanish name (its actually hungarian or something) and that i obviously know spanish because of it....i don't.