Monday, June 07, 2010

Kendree-3 months (four weeks late)

I guess this is Kendree's first official proof that the second child is slighted. :)

Kendree turned three months old almost a month ago. sigh. Where does the time go?

In my defense, these pictures were taken all around that time, with the ruffle quilt ones on the actual day she turned 3 months old.

I continue to be amazed at what an angel baby Kendree is. She is so mellow and easy-going, exactly what you need in a second child. She is starting to really test her voice and entertains us with her babbling (that sounds a little like she is upset, until you see her happy face). She rarely cries, unless she is getting her nose sucked for the 15th time that day, or if her older brother is showing her a little too much "love."

She continues to be an excellent sleeper, going down around 8:30 or 9pm. I dream feed her when I go to bed around 10:30 and then she sleeps until at least 5am. When she does wake to eat at 5, she goes right back to sleep and when she sleeps until 7am or later, I love those days even more! Easy peasy.

She continues to love being swaddled to sleep at night, but does her naps without the swaddle. We are working on getting a bit more of a schedule as far as naps go, but aren't there quite yet.

She laughed for the first time this month (see previous post with video) and is smiling. She doesn't seem to be quite as smiley as Easton was, but my mom and I were discussing that with Easton, any free time we had was spent right in his face trying to make that happen and unfortunately, our time is a bit more limited with Kendree. When we do try to make her smile though, she always obliges.

Now for the pictures:

Mom's official 3 month photo shoot:





Proof that Kendree is taking a binky now! Hip hip hooray! She would TOTALLY be a thumb sucker if I didn't force the binky instead and I'll say it a thousand times, I'd much rather have something I can take away later on. She hates the MAM brand of binky that Easton takes, but likes the Nuk ones. I have come to hate that little ring on the front, since it is so easy for her to grab it accidentally and take it out herself when she doesn't want it out. I have found some that Nuk makes without it now and they seem be going much better. She still doesn't love it as much as Easton did and continues to, but it is nice that she can self-soothe all through the night, etc.


We continue to love our Kendree-girl (who gets called "Kenny" by all members of our household some of the time).

No comments: