Wednesday, June 02, 2010

NoseFrida. The Snotsucker.

How's that for a title to grab your attention? or send you clicking onto the next page very quickly, your choice.

Kendree has a constant stuffy nose.

No really, constantly.

I've taken her to the doctor and as it turns out, it's just another joy of living at 7200 feet. (love it)

We used to spend hours (not consecutively) everyday sucking the poor girl's nose.

Then, a family friend recommended the NoseFrida.

Lifesaver!

Seriously, if you don't have one already, hurry, lickety-split and order one.  You'll be thanking me--I promise.

Now, a few notes:
1. You actually suck the snot right out of your own child's nose.  That's a little weird to get used to, in fact, I didn't tell Ronnie what the NoseFrida was really all about since he is the primary nose sucker in our family and I knew he would tell me not to get it.  Instead, I said things like "people in Europe have been using it for 20 years!" and "the [name omitted] family loves it!"  Worked like a charm.
2. You know how with those little bulb suckers it is a 20 minute process to get visible snot out?  You suck, the baby sucks it back in, you suck, the baby sucks it back in, repeat one million times.  Because of the constant sucking that the NoseFrida lets you do, everything is so much quicker.
3. The part that goes into the nose is much bigger, so you don't worry about impaling your child. at all. (this is also a great feature if your kids have a little bit bigger nostril openings (like mine, thanks to Ronnie's genes*))

Aren't modern conveniences** wonderful? 

*He would probably argue that the pot was calling the kettle black on that one.
**If one can call sucking your own kid's snot convenient.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay, I really have to get one of these. Thanks for the info!

Cindy said...

Wow! I would have loved one of these when my kids were little. Nothing worse than a stuffy baby trying to nurse.

Pedersen Posse said...

I'm going to have to try it. I have suck Luke out daily and it is a bit of a battle.

Carolyn said...

I've never heard of this, but it sounds amazing. I'll have to try one.