Monday, June 21, 2010

Let's just assume she's a super-hip grandma

I don't think I've mentioned it on here, but I've found a new store where I love to shop.

I'll admit, it's kind of an olderladiesmightshopherebutthereisstillcutestuff kind of store.

You might have heard of it.

It's called Christopher & Banks and I'll admit that some things in there are things I would never in my right mind own, but for women of my ahem, proportions, it is like the best store ever. Things just fit. Without going up to larger sizes just for my chest, or having to alter things after I get them home.

But anyway, so some things are a little old for my taste but other things are cute. Take, for example, this shirt. See? It's cute, right? [please don't tell me otherwise, my ego can only take a limited number of hits a day]

Now, on to the point of this post. I arrived at work last week and stopped to ask a co-worker a question. A co-worker that is approximately 30 years my senior AND A GRANDMA. She was wearing a shirt that I bought about two weeks ago at Christopher & Banks. Different color, but still, same shirt*.

I'm trying to tell myself that it's not that I have the same taste of a grandma, it's just that she is super cool. I've almost got myself convinced**.

*Not the shirt I linked to up there, I couldn't find the exact shirt online.
**But let's be honest, I could use some convincing. Why else would I tell the whole world internet about this experience?

3 comments:

Chris and Beth Will said...

It is a cute shirt. They do have some nice things at that store (not tall things, so I can't shop there) but nice things.
We actually have one in our little mall here. I know, amazing.

P.S. still waiting to see a pic of the cute new hair :)

Unknown said...

I think the shirts you bought from that store when we were there with you are really cute - and I am not saying that as a grandma either. I have young daughters I buy for - and they buy for me - so I don't look like a grandma. So hopefully I have ok taste (maybe that is why you don't wear what I buy you? jk) And the one you wore for Ronnie's grad was really nice. So, yes, I would say your co-worker is super cool.

Bethany said...

hahaha love you, love this post! totally one hip grandma! ps i like this cardigan:

http://www.christopherandbanks.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4282019