Thursday, May 19, 2011

A few more details

Since you had to either have your magnifying glass out or really look for it in the picture below, my due date is currently 11/11/11.  I know.  It is pretty rad.  I do anticipate a little change to that before the end of the pregnancy though, since both of my other due dates have changed at the "big" 20 week ultrasound.

While I still have absolutely no room to complain, I did actually experience "queasiness" with this pregnancy (something I felt nothing of during my last two pregnancies).  For the first 14 weeks or so food had to SOUND good to my brain if I even wanted to try to put it in my mouth.  This led to salsa for breakfast, and lots of other fun things.

I'm not craving anything consistently so far with this one (it was chocolate pudding with Easton and Taco Bell with Kendree). However, I've had to say goodbye to my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper for a while.  It sounds the opposite of delicious even still when most of my food aversions are past.  Root beer is basically the only carbonated beverage I can handle currently, but water is what I drink 99% of the time these days.

I haven't totally decided whether I want this baby's gender to be a surprise, but I'm leaning that way.  There is just something to that BIG surprise right after all the pain.  Plus, I get to get busy making lots of quilts and baby goodies again, since I just don't know!  Ronnie even encouraged me to make new crib bedding for this one (I planned on reusing the bumper pads, crib skirts, etc. for each gender) as he thinks it is a cool thing for each child to have forever.  I don't need much push at all to hit up some fabric stores, that is for sure!

The thing I am dreading the most is picking out names.  I love both of my kids names and it is hard for me to imagine finding another one I love as much, but find it I will. (Hopefully!)

Kendree will be 21 months when this baby makes its appearance.  That isn't what worries me so much as the fact that I will have three kids at home for two full years before Easton goes to Kindergarten in the fall of 2013.  It makes me tired just thinking about it. :)

Oh, and I did make the shirts.  I got the idea from a co-worker's sister who mailed cards with that saying out to family to announce her pregnancy and since I don't know her, I figured I was safe to copy.  Since there are four of us in the family, I couldn't resist making it into shirts.  I did some Google Images searches for the pictures, pasted them into Word and added the text and then printed them onto the Iron-on t-shirt stuff that Avery makes that I got at Wal-mart.  I was dreading doing it, but then it came together in under 30 minutes (my kinda project).

Anything I missed?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you when you say that the surprise after the pain makes it worth doing! If you want a fabric shopping partner, I would love to help you out, I have the boy quilt top done, but still need girl fabric!

Maria said...

Congratulations! We are expecting our third beginning of July. We decided to be surprised with the gender because I heard it makes it that much more special during delivery. Did you find out with Easton and Kendree? Picking a name is SOO tough! Good luck!

Sarah said...

Hey there - I'm a friend of Erica's. I met you at girls' camp a few years ago. I started stalking your blog because I love seeing your crafty stuff and I like your writing - you girls are awfully talented. Anyway, I had to come out of hiding to congratulate you on number three! You've inspired me to not find out what we're having if we have a third. I've never looked at it that way - about how it would change the experience of labor. Love the blog, hope you get over the queasiness soon!

Erin said...

Congratulations KaLee! Um about the being tired bit. You will be. So. So. Tired. All. Of.The.Time! Am I selling it for ya?:) It's just busy, even with a good baby it rocks your world for awhile. Logan just turned 5 months and I'm now feeling like I've got a few things figured out. I think it's best to go into it knowing it will be a bit crazy. Good luck with baby naming, I think it's the hardest part, too.

Erica said...

I am so excited for you guys! I bet you really will do so well with three. You are super-woman. :) And of course the shirts are darling. As always, your crafts are amazing. How am I supposed to keep up with you and your craftiness?

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I love the way you announced it -- everything you do is so cute. You inspire me to be more creative! I hope the queasiness goes away soon.

The Little's said...

How Exciting!! Don't worry...having 3 home isn't as bad as it seems, especially if you have things to keep the older 2 busy. We did a lot of story time at the library and play groups. They also went to preschool so that helped a ton. You will do awesome! Oh...and just as a side note, if you decide to wait to be surprised, make sure the tell your ultrasound tech that you don't want to know BEFORE she starts. We thought that she would ask us when it got to that part of the US, but she blew it for us and told us anyway. We really wanted to be surprised, but it didn't work out! Good luck!

Lindsay said...

Congratulation!! And I love the way you announced it. :)