Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

I wish all those in my life (whether you have children or not) a very Happy Mother's Day!  Here are just a few of my favorite quotes about mothers/women.

“The priesthood leadership of this Church at all levels gratefully acknowledges the service, sacrifice, commitment, and contribution of the sisters.  Much of what we accomplish in the Church is due to the selfless service of women.”  Elder Quentin L. Cook: LDS Women Are Incredible!

“Women are such a necessary part of the plan of happiness which our Heavenly Father has outlined for us. That plan cannot operate without them. . .The women in our lives are creatures endowed with particular qualities, divine qualities, which cause them to reach out in kindness and with love to those about them.”  President Gordon B. Hinckley:  The Women in Our Lives.

“Motherhood is not what was left over after our Father blessed His sons with priesthood ordination. It was the most ennobling endowment He could give His daughters, a sacred trust that gave women an unparalleled role in helping His children keep their second estate.  As daughters of our Heavenly Father, and as daughters of Eve, we are all mothers and we have always been mothers.”  Sheri L. Dew:  Are We Not All Mothers?

I have been blessed with amazing women in my life.  Obviously the one that gave birth to me, and also many others who mothered me on a daily basis.  I hope that someday I can make them proud by raising my own children and children around me in righteousness.  May you all have a wonderful day, week, month and year.  I love you!

No comments: