Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Devynee - 17 months

Well my friends, this was the month.  The month that Devynee decided she just may want to walk.
  • Devynee continues to sleep through the night and take one nap a day.  She still is cranky for that hour before I put her down for her nap, but I have to stick to the schedule if I want to keep my sanity in the evening.
  • She is saying some new words this month: bite (by), amen (ah-mah), glasses (gasses), blanket (bay-bay), ipod (aye-pah), cheese (eeese), me, dog (dah), ruff-ruff (rah-rah), roar (RAH), and bye.
  • Devynee doesn't do any new signs, but I haven't been pushing them as much now that she will attempt words.
  • Devynee will babble at you for a full minute.  This includes proper inflections and facial expressions, but there are no real words in it.  It is pretty much the cutest thing ever.
  • She is in size 18 month clothes as Mama finally got them out! Devynee also wears a size 4 shoe.
  • Devynee got three new teeth this month! Bottom left/center, top right/center and a molar on her right top side (random, I know).
  • She is now walking 75% of the time.  She crawls if she has just fallen down and is close enough to her destination that it isn't worth the effort plus a few other times as well.  Progress people, progress!
  • Devynee continues to be very happy, except when mama is on the computer trying to sneak in a little work.  She reaches up and pinches the skin on the back of my bicep every time (it kills!)
  • Just one more month until Nursery at church.  I know she will love it (in concept) but Kendree is in there with her, so I think that may be a little tricky (just because Kendree will think she gets to take care of her the entire time). 
 Official 17 month pictures!
(but mama! I want the camera!)


 Happy to be downstairs!



 Throwing away trash for mama...

 Why, hello there!

The reason the high chair straps are always buckled. :)

And now two videos.  There are many things you can learn from these videos. 1. I let you see how we really live and how much I hate to fold laundry. 2. Devynee walks! 3. Devynee falls like a drunk man. 4. Devynee walks with her hands straight up in the air, which is how she always walked in the very beginning. 5. Devynee  knee-walks. 6. Devynee takes off her glasses. Pretty much, this is an accurate description of life around here, except Ron is home. (I kid! - kind of).

No comments: