The only picture I have of Christmas Eve is this one that Ronnie took of our tree that morning.
The day started off pretty great, and we ran two last errands (a return for Ron and to grab 3 things at the grocery store for me).
Then we lazed about and eventually got dinner ready for the sister missionaries (we now have a set of elders and a set of sisters assigned to our ward!) and our good friends, Gil and Carla.
We had our traditional "eat what Jesus ate" dinner and enjoyed crab, salmon, halibut, shrimp, grapes, nuts, bread, dates, and raisins. (We take "fish" pretty loosely).
Just as we were finishing dinner prep, I started to feel queasy and knew that I wouldn't be eating anything for dinner.
As the night continued, I continued to feel worse and worse. I started having hot and cold flashes and my energy was gone. After the sisters and our friends left, Ronnie got the kids loaded up in the car and they all drove around to look at Christmas lights for an hour while I napped on the couch at home.
After they got home around 9 p.m., I helped get kids to bed and then managed to get everything ready to go for the next day. It took me over an hour to get three kids stuff set up and I had to take major breaks when I was having hot or cold flashes. I finally crawled into bed at 10:30 p.m. and pleaded with Heavenly Father to let me feel better in the morning.
Ron (bless him!) finished all of the other prep, did dishes and wrapped the remaining presents that I set out for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment