Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'd give my right hand for some Kleenex with lotion

I apologize for my absence lately, but the winter bug of 2007 has gotten its dirty little paws on me. I have not had the flu but instead an aching body, sinus headache, lung-shattering hacking, and running faucet (that is my nose). Things seem to be looking up, so I hope that I can at least loose my man-like voice before this weekend.

Why the deadline?

Cuz we are going to Sacramento! A last-minute trip out to University of the Pacific for an orientation, etc and the best part is they are paying for Ronnie—I’m just tagging along to visit my ultra-cool California aunts! When we booked the trip, we were hoping that it would up our chances for scholarships if we flew out and met them in person. That very same evening we received a letter in the mail letting us know we would get $10,000 a year (with some stipulations). Now, we are hoping that after meeting us they will realize that their school can’t function without the likes of our little family and give us everything we could ever hope for (read: a full-ride scholarship).

In other good news we learned that we were accepted to the University of Wyoming in my hometown of Laramie. We are excited! The only snag is that they want us to decide by March 16th. A mere two weeks from now. I know the person who would be the most excited about this news is my 10-year-old brother, Jord-man (who has literally been praying nightly for us to come to school in Laramie), but after consulting with my mom, we have decided not to tell him until we make a final decision of where we are going. We just can’t bear to break the little kid’s heart!

4 comments:

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

Holycrap. So are the Pacific and Laramie your top choices now? Must talk soon.

Anonymous said...

I take it Jordan doesn't read your blog then? ; )

Miller Family said...

You should go to UOP, because Sac-Town is the Mac-Town. Just kidding, I only say that cause we are from around there. Do you remember Sean and Spring DeBurgh, they are there, if Ronnie wants to talk to Sean I could get you his number or maybe you have it already, let me know.