Thursday, February 15, 2007

In Memory of Deseret Towers

I just received the following email:
As a service of the BYU Alumni Association, we are offering a piece of your BYU history. Our records indicate you are a former resident of Deseret Towers. As you may know, several of the towers have been torn down, and we have salvaged a limited number of the buildings' bricks.

If you are interested in obtaining one of them-at no charge-you may get one by coming to the reception desk at the Knight Mangum Building, the temporary home of the Alumni Association.

Regardless of whether you come by for a brick, we hope you have fond memories of your stay at Deseret Towers.
While I met three of my very best friends during my stay at Deseret Towers, the absolute LAST thing I desire is one of the bricks laying around my house. What would you use one for? A doorstop? A paperweight? A grinding stone for your wheat? A decorative piece on your mantel?


Wait.


I just figured out the only logical use for these bricks of remembrance.


I would go pick one up if I could throw it through the window of my previous room in T tower. (In hopes that it will convince the administration to hurry up already and tear down the rest of the buildings).

1 comment:

Bethany said...

You guys should totally do that. Those things aren't coming down quick enough! ;) I bet they're offering bricks because of those few lousy complaints from students who don't want the building torn down just because "that's where I met my wife (but now we live in Kansas)." Hahaha, whatev. ;)