Thursday, February 01, 2007

Roommates and Sugar

I come from a long line of dessert lovers. Lovers of chocolate, sugar, coconut, pecans, and sprinkles. When my mother or grandmother is invited to a party, they are always asked to bring one of their delicious dessert recipes. When I was growing up, we had a dessert after dinner five or six times a week, and it was the motivation of the sweets that enticed me to eat some of my most detested meals.

At college, my habits did not change. In the dorms, my cravings were easily satisfied by the cafeteria, and in apartments I would bake cookies or cakes for all to have. I even have two roommates that blame me solely for their need for dessert now. In the words of Cher, “You have ruined me! A meal isn’t complete without dessert!” My old roommates and I got together last night for dinner at Bajios and I’m proud to announce that we all resisted the urge for dessert! We had an awesome time and I'm so glad that we have remained close friends through the years (with or without treats).

1 comment:

Bethany said...

That's true, I attest, I was ruined by the delicious cookies and brownies and cake too! Tonight I made cookies and I already ate four of them. Nothing's changed. That was fun last night. That picture of us would be cuter if you were in it! And maybe if I got some sun or something...