Thursday, May 22, 2008

Where DO babies come from?

The question that every parent dreads.

At the ripe old age of four, I knew I had the answer.

It made perfect sense.

There was a staging area for the babies to be organized and a direct connection to each hospital. Another connection left the staging area and headed (I was sure) straight to heaven.

Pretty smart for a four year old (If I do say so myself).

Many of you have seen the “baby station.” I would even venture to say that several of you will recognize it instantly.

So, without further ado…


Have you placed it in your mind yet? It is located just at the mouth of Provo Canyon. Who knows where those pipes really go, but to four year old KaLee each one went to a different Utah hospital. This picture doesn’t capture the connection to heaven, so I found one online. The pipe below runs all the way up Provo Canyon and when you can’t see it any more it is ascending to heaven (right). [please ignore the random runner]

What falsities made perfect sense to you as a child?

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

THIS POST KILLS ME! I laughed so hard at the picture of the water plant! One because, THAT'S FUNNY! And two because when I was little that building scared the crud out of me! I don't know why...just did! The pipes were worse! In my little mind I couldn't help but place myself stuck in one of them.
Trafalga's water slide was alarmingly to much like these tubes, so needless to say I PANIC inside of tube waterslides! I MEAN PANIC! The twisty blue ones at 7 Peaks...EVER WORSE! I know you are supposed to lay back with your arms and legs crossed (probably to keep your top on and your dignity intact!) I can't help but sit up seconds into this and FREAK OUT!

By the way, my Uncle is the manager of that plant. It did do me some good to have him give me the tour! :) I don't recall seeing any babies though! :)

Lindsay said...

This is too, too funny!

When I was little I was absolutely, positively, 100% convinced that all cats were girls and all dogs were boys and that when they grew up they got married.

Jill said...

I am pretty sure for a really long time I dreamed and hoped that those water pipes were actually water slides...In my mind I figured it would be a logical way for people who worked on the mountain to travel to and from work. duh.

Bethany said...

i'll never look at those pipes the same way again! lol!

hmmmm... i believed watermelon seeds would grow in my stomach! i also thought i could see the ocean from my backyard in colorado. and i had several run-ins with ghosts. yikes, my poor mom.