Saturday, October 04, 2008

This one's all mine

I'm sure we remember the deer hunt two years ago. (because that is always on the forefront of your mind--right?)

I was unsuccessful.

And then last year I was pregnant and there was no way on earth that I was hauling around my large self with a gun on my back.

So that brings us to yesterday.

I went hunting.

I got up at 5:00 a.m. Strapped on my boots (that were NOT so broken in). Dropped off Easton with my mom and was off.

We got to the ranch around 6:45, just in time for it to be light enough to see and drove around for about half an hour. Then dad saw it.

A white bum.

Turns out it was three white bums, that belonged to three bucks.

I aimed. I missed (why is this a reoccurring theme?--I blame it on the new gun).

Then, I changed animals.


And hit it! Success!

And then it started to run. Uphill (never a good sign).

So since I had to reload, Ronnie finished him off. (Team spirit)

After all of those short sentences, you are probably ready for some pictures.

And I'd just like to remind everyone that this is significantly larger than Ronnie's from last year. (We don't split animals. He(or she in this case) who injures it, gets it).

3 comments:

Josh and Gnickie said...

Way to go KaLee. Now Josh is telling me to get on it. I am a slacker.

Cindy said...

You go girl!!

Michelle Williams said...

You are a trooper. I have already sworn to Matthew that I will not go out and freeze my booty off just to get a chance at shooting something that I will then have to cut apart and figure out how to cook into something edible. You are a trooper.