Thursday, August 12, 2010

Burning Questions or I am not yet unpacked enough for a different post

I've loved your answers to my "life or death" questions.  As soon as Ronnie, ahem, I mean Donnie, makes a decision, I'll be sure to let you know.  As for the duplex/townhouse, the picture is of the general idea of the one we live in, but not a picture of the actual building.  Ours doesn't have the pretty rock and trim, unfortunately.

So, because I haven't unpacked, and the kids and I are just kicking it--I decided it was time for another round of burning questions and this time there is a prize involved!  I'll take everyone who comments and then randomly select two winners.  Each will get 6 of my handmade cards.  For an idea of what they look like, you can go here.

Without further ado:
1. Is a Dustbuster or similar vacuuming apparatus worth your money?  Would a carpeted dining room sway your vote?

2. What slightly obscure kitchen tool (even if you don't use it that often) could you not live without? 

3. What book can you read over and over?

4. Honesty here people, how many times have you read the Twilight series?

5. How often does one who lives by a mall actually go to the mall?

6. What child TV/movie program do you detest the most?

7. What are your favorite go-to snacks for kids (or heck, for yourself)?

1. I've looked at them at the store no less than 20 times, but have yet to come home with one.  The more days we live on our carpeted dining room, the more I think it is an absolute necessity.

2. Apple slicer/corer.  Dude, cutting an apple any other way is way too much work!

3. The Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke.

4. Four

5. I've lived in the same town as one for coming up on two weeks and have yet to make a trip there.  I'm afraid if I start to go, I won't be able to stop! :)

6.  It's obscure, but Howdy Town.  I could KILL the theme song, you know, if it was alive.

7. One of my favorites is dehydrated apple slices and I offer them to Easton almost daily, but he has yet to eat them.  Other than that, we do pretty standard stuff: grapes, string cheese, cheese slices, marshmallows, pretzel sticks, raisins, etc.

14 comments:

katie said...

i don't leave comments too often, but a set of cards is way too enticing. being the first commenter won't help my chances much....but you could always just pick me for fun :)

1. a carpeted dining room would definitely make a difference here. its way too much trouble to mess with a full size vacuum around and under all the chairs. my mom has one that makes cleaning under the table a cinch.

2. garlic press (pampered chef). minced garlic in a bottle in the fridge is like a swear word around here. its fresh or nothing.

3. harry potter, mostly books 3 - 7. 1 and 2 are a bit slow after you've read the rest.

4. i've read them all twice and the host twice.

5. we've lived by a mall (several actually) for a year and i think i've been three or four times.

6. barney

7. i too have to go with dried apples. so good! but i am known to keep a bag of pretzels in my desk at work for a quick snack.

Jill said...

I can ALWAYS use some cards...you make such great ones!

1. we bought the dirtdevil vacuum (the one that looks like a vase) and I thought it was the biggest waste of 30 bucks. At work we had one of those Shark vacuums, and those things are AWESOME!

2. my garlic press...fresh garlic is where it's at! and besides, I'm not about to mince it by hand.

3. I don't actually know, I don't think I have ever read a book more than once. If I had to choose though, it would probably be the harry potter series.

4. once, but I am tempted to read #4 again before the movie.

5. not often, I don't really have any need to go to the mall...accept to the candy cart of course. I've been known to have scott stop and grab me some sour belts. They seriously have the best selection of sour candy ANYWHERE. Yes, I am a child.

6. Dora

7. the usuals...granola bars, gold fish, apples and grapes (for bianca, heaven forbid jack touch a fruit), I love my my air popper for popcorn. On friday nights I pop popcorn and mix in some pretzels and chocolate chips for the kids...they love it!

Stevens Family said...

I love your cards! Hope I get something! :)

1. I just use a regular vacuum (bagless, of course) and suck up everything with it, including under the table. Our latest one only cost $39 at Walmart and still has all the attachments I like (edger, extension, fabric, etc).

2. High Temperature rubber spatula. I LOVE IT! I can cook eggs or stir things in pots and get all the edges without worrying about scraping off the non-stick stuff on the pots/pans.

3. The Hunger Games. :)

4. The whole series? Twice. But I think I read Twilight three times.

5. We only go every couple of weeks and I leave my purse in the car or at home. We walk through it and people watch a lot.

6. Barney. Or Kid vs Kat. I hate that one. Or most of the cartoons on Cartoon Network.

7. Goldfish crackers... string cheese is good too! Apples cut up with cheddar cheese and saltines are fun too! And sometimes we sneak in summer sausage cubes so the kids will get some more protein.

kari said...

I would love a set of your cards- especially now that I am not going to have my mom's stash of cards to take from :)

1. I think a Dustbuster or something of that sort is definitely worth having- not only in vacuuming up little messes, but also in vacuuming stairs (I don't know if the stairs in your new house are carpeted or not).

2. Egg slicer. We have deviled egg sandwiches pretty often and it especially comes in handy when making my mom's yummy spinach salad.

3. Probably Twilight (the first book, not the series) just because that is my go to book when I need to grab something to read really quick. It never gets old to me. Or Pride and Prejudice- Ive read that book a few times and find new things in it each time I read it.

4. The whole series? Probably 5 or 6 times (that's kind of sad to admit....)

5. At least once a week. I love to shop, but my budget doesn't really allow me to buy many things so it's mainly window shopping.

6. I have to say that I can't stand Spongebob Square Pants just because I had to watch it all day every day when I hung out with one of my friends.

7. I really like fruit snacks/ gushers. That is my go-to snack. I also really like wheat thins, string cheese, and cuties.

Carolyn said...

1. I don't know - I've never had one! But it seems like a good thing to have when vaccuming a carpeted dining room.

2. Cheese grater...does that count as obscure?

3. Little Women.

4. Whole series: once. Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse: twice. I still have to read Breaking Dawn again.

5. I lived by the mall in Provo, and went maybe once a month? Mostly to baby-watch. Ridiculous, I know. :) I was married and baby hungry.

6. I can't think of one. I'm not much of a TV watcher.

7. Raisins, sliced cheese, goldfish, cheerios.

Lindsay said...

1. We have hardwood floors and I STILL have a vacuum. For the, you know. TWO rugs we have in the house. I couldn't live without it because I HATE crumbs and crud on the floor.

2. My lemon reamer.

3. "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"

4. I read the first book once, a few pages of the second, but that's it. I'm not a fan.

5. There is a mall in Brooklyn, but I've never been. I guess mall stores don't entice me enough.

6. "Word World" on PBS. So obnoxious. Oh, and "Angelina Ballerina." Can't stand it.

7. Fruit snacks and crackers. Healthy, no? :)

Unknown said...

1. Love having a cordless little vacuum for the stairs. Would definitely need it for dining on carpet.
2.Strainer for straining blueberries for blueberry muffins.
3. Can't remember reading same book twice,unless you count being in the classroom and reading Macbeth each and every year (ugh!) However, when I get into a particular author or series, I feel like I've read it before.
4. Only read first book and part of second. Saw movies tho!
5. For myself, not too often, maybe once a month, but with teen daughters, more often.
6. Sorry. Guess this means you don't want Howdy Town 2?
7. Sweet and Salty Nut Almond bars, yum! And of course a Dr. Pepper!

Rachel said...

1. Well, I used to have one (pre-kid) and we never used it. I think it was a wedding present and after 5 years we finally gave it away. Now that I have a kid I still don't think I would use one much... I would suggest you just get a dog:) Preferably one that likes to jump on and lick people.
2. My gravy bowl. Gravy in anything else is just too weird.
3. The Lord of the Rings (I never grow tired of it) or Pride and Prejudice.
4. Once.
5. I've lived by a few malls in my time and rarely went. Every once in a while they are fun to browse and walk through with a stroller (especially when it's cold outside).
6. The Backyardigans.
7. I like a carmel rice cake, allbran crackers, or a yummy smoothie. For the kiddo fruit, cheese, veggies, crackers, or (his favorite) yogurt.

Erica said...

1. We have one. Honestly, I haven't used it much. (It was a wedding gift.) But if our dining area was carpeted, I think I would use it a lot more.
2. Kitchen scissors.
3. I have to agree with you about the Love Comes Softly series. Maybe it's because we grew up reading them.
4. In all honesty, I have only read the Twilight series once. I am thinking about reading them again...more likely the fourth one before the movie comes out.
5. When we lived by the mall in St. George, I went to it maybe once a month. The outlet malls were a couple times a month.
6.I am at a loss for the answer to this one since we don't have tv, but I do agree with Katie about Barney.
7. Rice cakes, wheat thins, whale crackers, string cheese, fruit snacks. For myself- I do love honey roasted peanuts.

Britt said...

1. No, but a Dyson DC 28 is!
2. My blue silicone spoon
3. The Book Thief
4. Once - and probably never again
5. Um... quarterly??
6. Yo Gabba Gabba
7. Goldfish

Laura said...

I love your cards too, too much not to answer.

1. I think yes, not only for the kitchen but also for the cheerios ending up all over my house.
2. My mini food processer. LOVE it.
3. The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
4. Twice
5. When we lived by the mall in Provo I only went every 2-3 months. But then again, I was a poor college student...
6. James isn't into TV yet, so I wouldn't know. Maybe Blue's Clues?
7. Right now just Gerber puffs; James can't gum much else :)

D.B. said...

1. We got a super sized under the desk kinda mat for under the table when we had a carpeted dinning room - life saver!
2. My zester - super sharp and I use it a handful of times a year, but I love, love it, every time.
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. Twice
5. Only during the clearance sales, a great second hand store on the other hand. . .
6. Dave would vote for Barney - I'm not sure.
7. We do applesauce fairly regularly - occassionally with sprinkles or cinn, Craisens, goldfish, mini bagels, clementines or almost any other fruit.

Good luck getting unpacked!

D.B. said...

PS - I'd love to borrow your cute, monster, cupcake mold for Kinley's second birthday this week, but that's just not going to work out!

Pedersen Posse said...

1. I've had carpeted dining rooms twice and survived with the regular vaccuum. We also put a ugly area rug under the table to stop the stains from the "real" floor.

2. not original, but I vote the apple slicer too or the garlic press. I HATE mincing garlic.

3. Harry Potters

4. Twice

5. We would go once every month or two when we lived near one... although it is a nice cheap way to walk in the winter.

6. Sponge Bob

7. for kids: granola bars, fruit snacks, cereal bars, crackers, cheese sticks, go-gurts, apples... for me: popcorn, about any kind of candy, a new fav is a bagel w/strawberry cream cheese.