So, you all know we are moved.
I haven't mentioned (at least in any kind of detail) that the kids and I will be traveling to Laramie one day a week for my work. All in all, my kids are great travelers (something that comes from being forced to travel?). I'll admit I do rely on the DVD player, maybe a bit too much, but coming up with things that Easton can do without any help from me has been difficult.
Which brings me to the title.
In the three trips I have made as the driver to Laramie I've learned that I have no skills.
Skills to do things other than actually drive, that is. So when our DVD player decided it was done two days ago, I was a little panicky.
Don't get me wrong. I can hand something to Easton, and take a drink, but anything much beyond that and my stress level greatly increases. All I can think about is the rollover stories, the police sirens and lights, the ambulances.
I try my best to get both kids as settled and prepared as I can before we take off, but inevitably Easton drops his game/book/toy or can't quite reach his sippy cup and begins to go into meltdown mode (did I mention that the trip home to Cheyenne is when he is really, really, really ready for a nap?). Sometimes, there is an exit coming right up and I can pull off, get him re-situated and then be on our way, but other times we are in a classic Wyoming situation (no exits for 10+ miles) and he just has to deal. Kendree, the little angel, has fallen asleep within 10 minutes of leaving every. single. time.
Am I alone? Does everyone else have mad skills while driving? Am I totally missing out on some secret?
1 comment:
Nope, no secret. I struggle too. Mine is the loss of the pacifer, dreaded thing to lose! Hang in there KaLee, if I knew what we were doing, staying here for example, I would take your kids for your day a week in a heartbeat!
Post a Comment