A good friend and I were talking the other day.
The conversation turned to how sometimes we place ridiculous amounts of pressure on ourselves.
She talked about how she was debating whether to ramp up her photography business again, and the time/effort that goes into all that she does with it. I talked about the many good things I seem to have pulling on my time. I discussed how I would much rather see her darling little boy and her life on her blog in only semi-edited (or straight out of the camera) pictures instead of no posts with zero pictures, but that I understand the pressure that she feels for the pictures on her blog to be perfect.
People know she is a photographer, so she wants every picture "out there" to represent her craft. Similarly, people know I make homemade cards and so I feel that if I can't send a handmade card, then I better just not send anything to them at all. This happened just last month. I was out of handmade birthday cards, and family birthdays were coming up, so you know what I did? I sent a store bought card {gasp!}. Guess what else? No one died.
Seriously.
The world kept on turning.
The birthday girls received a handwritten card through snail mail and everything was okay.
And you know what? It felt kinda good.
So here's to taking that burden off of our shoulders.
Buy a card.
Post an unedited picture.
Give some one a store bought gift.
Make a frozen lasagna.
Have less than seven side dishes when you feed the missionaries.
I think we'll all be happier when we do.
7 comments:
Great post KaLee. Everytime we say 'yes' to someone or something we are usually saying 'no' to someone else. Too often we say 'no' to the people that matter the most. Just something we all (me included) need to think about.
Loved the post! It was great chatting with ya the other day.
Such a needed reminder...I think I'll read this post every week. :-)
Thanks for this. :)
:)!!!!!! Great post! I think I needed to read this tonight after the day I just had.
Music to my ears. Loved it!
Post a Comment