If you read the kids blog you saw a picture of Kendree at her party where she looked like this:
For the purpose of documenting/sharing, I thought I would let you know how I made it all.
Tutu: made using the rolls of tulle that you can buy at Hobby Lobby in alternating colors. Tutorial can be found here, although instead of messing with elastic, I just used one of those skinny headbands as the base.
Shirt: Onesie purchased at Hobby Lobby. Fabric was from my stash, but originally purchased at Wal-mart. I used Heat N' Bond light and then zigzag stitched around the outside.
Crown: Used the tutorial here, but thought I had a better chance of keeping something on top of her head, instead of around it (didn't seem to help at all, bytheway). I altered the pattern slightly by centering it in on the rectangle sheets of felt you buy at any craft store and then making the sides extend to the edge of the rectangle. The two ends were then sewn together to create the circle. Elastic was stapled to each side, just like a party hat. I also did not use two different colors of felt and stitched the "1" on top of the outside layer of felt instead of cutting open the number (as shown in the tutorial).
Whew, feels good to have that in a place where
No comments:
Post a Comment