Whew! Another month (and two weeks, but who's counting) have gone by already!
At 16 months, Kendree:
- Is walking! No more crawling for this big girl. She made the decision to just go for it around 2 weeks after she turned 15 months and there has been no turning back! Sadly, I don't have a video of it yet (bad mama!) but will soon, I promise!
- Got her third tooth (top right) on June 13th.
- Takes one nap a day. I've had to get used to a "normal" child when it comes to naps. My sister always warned me that Easton's 3-hour naps daily were not the norm, but I held out hope. I'm lucky to get 2 hours from Kendree regardless of when I put her down.
- Answers "yeah" when she wants something and when she shakes her head yes, it is really a shake of her entire upper body, which is hilarious.
- Signs please and thank you like a champ. She will say thank you (tain-to) but please is just the sign and an occasional hissing sound along with it. She will copy any sign you say to her, but sticks to her favorites when she is trying to communicate. New favorites include cheese and drink.
- Is so easy to put to bed. PJ's on, tell the family "night-night" and then a quick verse of Teach Me to Walk in the Light as you lay her down and walk out of the room and you won't hear from her again.
- Loves to wrestle and can occasionally be found taking her brother down so he will wrestle with her. This does not always result in happiness.
- Screams like no one you have ever heard. I HATE IT! She lets out the most high pitched scream you have ever heard if she doesn't get her way, or wants something a little differently, or if you are not understanding what she wants. It is not fun. She is that one kid in church that the whole congregation has to roll their eyes at. Oh well! At least I know she will grow out of it as she can express herself better (I hope!).
On to the pictures.
The only shot I got on her actual 16 month "birthday." She is sporting Easton's cowboy boots.
She loved pushing the fake buttons on his outfit.
Wearing Grandpa's glasses.
Kendree has an obsession with carrying around random pieces of clothing. Her favorites are garments, but since I didn't want to take a picture of that, I waiting for the day when it was her swimsuit.
Hanging out with daddy (photo by Easton).
Wearing her new hat (well, new to her). Easton and daddy wear hats, so she always wants one too. I dug out Easton's old Cowboys hat so he wouldn't get upset about her borrowing his current hats.
It was a Sunday right before church. Kendree was eating lunch as Ronnie and I were finishing getting ready and starting to load up the car. I only had to put a bow in her hair (or so I thought) and she would be ready to go. Enter the banana.
Needless to say, we were skimming into church that day. I didn't get everything out of her hair, but she at least looked presentable.
No comments:
Post a Comment