Shortly after the new year (or possibly on New Year Day), I saw a blog that mentioned 5-year journals.
Friends, they are the best thing ever! At least for those of us that want to record snippets of every day, but can't commit to long journal entries.
I headed over to Amazon and started searching for the right one. The girl that I heard about it from had this one, but I ended up purchasing this one. (full disclosure: mine says you are supposed to write about the little Jane Austen quote at the top of the page. I ignore that instruction and just write what I want).
Basically, the idea is that you record 2-3 sentences about your day at the end of every day. The things I record tend to do with the kids (surprise, surprise) or something at work or with Ronnie or other family that was significant. I write as part of my nightly routine when I am reading scriptures and saying prayer and honestly, it only takes me 1-2 minutes, which I feel is worth it. I have an entry for each day of 2013 so far, but admittedly have had to fill in two or three nights at a time when things are crazy, or I'm away from home and forget to take it.
I get a little giddy when I think that in 3-5 years, I'll be writing on March 4th and read that in 2013 it was the day that Devynee started giving real kisses, with the "mwah" noise and everything.
I realize that now some of you are mad that I didn't say anything around January 1, but who says you have to start on a new year? If you think this may be a fit for you, order one up and get to writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment