Friday, October 20, 2006

Guitars and a Haircut

My brother Adam is a freshman at college and is a hoot to be around. He has been growing out his hair since high school graduation (much to the disdain of my mother). After a few months of nagging (I bet she would prefer I use the phrase “gentle reminding”), Adam finally agreed to cut his hair once he got an elk. I don’t think my mother has ever hoped for an animal to die quite that badly, but lucky for her and not so lucky for the elk, Adam bagged one last week. This came not a moment too soon, since she had planned family pictures this weekend while we were all there, and I’m sure that she preferred a clean cut boy. Below you will see before and after pictures of the event.































When Adam arrived for his hair cut (courtesy of Ronnie), he brought with him the video game Guitar Hero. For those of you not familiar, it is similar to Dance Dance Revolution only you are strumming a plastic guitar instead of stepping on a pad. Adam has spent significant time perfecting his plastic guitar-playing abilities since he moved out of the house (I guess that’s what happens when you have no job and no girl) and is actually quite amazing—in fact if it was a real guitar instead of a plastic one, I would have to say that he ROCKS! I wonder what kind of actual skills he might have if he had put that much time into real guitar lessons. Hmmmm…thoughts to ponder.

Anyway, we all experienced the magic that is Guitar Hero and it was quite entertaining, in fact, I would have to admit that it has made me think about purchasing a game system. I don’t think I’m ready for that leap, but I have thought about it. The best part about this particular game is that everyone, from 8 years to….well….my mom played and enjoyed it. Feel free to watch the entertaining video of my mother rockin’ out! I love you mom!!!



No comments: