Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Details

I know I have been a bit neglectful of the blog lately, but I have officially moved desks at work and have been training for the new parts of my position. It is a LOT of work. Not hard work, just work. The funny thing is it is very detail oriented. While you would think I may be overwhelmed, instead I get giddy inside thinking about it.

Yes, it’s true. I am a freak.

I just love little details. The simple, mundane tasks that must get done, but aren’t that exciting. I enjoy the challenge of completing things and knowing that it is done correctly, because I did it.

After I am trained, I will hire an assistant. Ronnie laughed when I told him that. He said that I won’t have the student do anything because I will need to make sure it is done exactly. precisely. right.

The sad thing is he knows me too well. Delegation is a struggle for me, and I suppose I can look at my new assistant as a way to train myself to improve. I have a feeling that the work load will force me to use him/her and then I will be grateful and not freaking out.

I hope.

On another note: We are heading to Vegas! We’re touring the campus, sitting in on a class, and trying to get a “feel” for the school. Of our top three choices currently (Pacific, UNLV, and Wyoming), UNLV is the only one we haven’t visited and think it deserves a chance.

After visiting the campus, we are continuing down to Cali for a short weekend visit with the fam. Yea for beaches and warm weather!

1 comment:

Michelle Williams said...

I struggled with delegation at work as well. My biggest problem was that my interns would do the work too quickly and I could never keep their hands full of things to do. Delegation is a great blessing once you learn how to do it but I´m not sure if I ever have!

Michelle