Monday, April 16, 2007

A Mission Call!

My brother, Adam, received his mission call last week. He will be serving in the Guatemala Quetzaltenango Mission.

Yeah, we can’t say it either.

He reports to the Guatemala City MTC on August 1st and will be speaking Spanish. I guess they expect him to be a fast learner, because he will only be in the MTC for 19 days! Maybe they confused his last name with mine—just kidding!

I am so excited for him and with this news a lot has hit me. Adam, the Ad-man, will REALLY be gone for two long years. Who will tell all of the stories and keep me entertained for hours with his impressions? Who is going to master Guitar Hero? Who will make up songs on the fiddle?

We’re going to miss him a lot! I’m a little bummed that I will miss out on the Provo MTC experience; I was all ready to provide him with FABULOUS care packages. When I expressed this disappointment to the fam, Jordan, the 10-year old was quick to respond, “Don’t worry KaLee. I’m still coming up!” Which is very true, just a short nine years and we will be doing this again.

Congrats again Adam! We love ya!

Here's a pic of the Ad-man with his elk this fall. (He's second from the right.)

2 comments:

Bethany said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! AMAZING. That is so cool! Wish him a big congrats from me! How crazy for you and your family I bet. Is he so excited? Hehehe...Yep, I can see the Lindstrom-Lopez mix up thing happening. And Jordan is 10? What the.

Michelle Williams said...

We´ll be in Queztzaltenango and the highlands of Guatemala for the next two weeks. Have Adam take a look at our blog in a few weeks and we should have some info posted about the area. Of course we will be doing touristy stuff, not missionary stuff but maybe it will help. He can shoot us an email if he has any questions too. Congratulations, Adam!