Well, the day has arrived.
We heard from BYU.
We did not get in.
This brings about mixed emotions, as you may expect. There were many positives to staying in the area and attending an excellent school for a killer price, but we also feel that a new experience will be good for us.
We are now down to Temple University and the University of Wyoming. We will visit Temple in two weeks and hope to have a better idea of what we want to do. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
5 comments:
Well, shoot. I am sorry to hear this!!! Then again, you should be excited to get out of the bubble. I would be if I were you. :) An adventure awaits!!... I can't wait to hear more...
No worries, my husband didn't get into BYU and it's worked out great, although we were initially disappointed. Doesn't mean you're a bad person or unworthy, in fact in some regards if you're not top of the class at the Y, there's not as many options as out-of-state schools since there are so many lawyers and so few jobs in Utah. Anyhow, good luck in deciding!
There's no decision. Being closer to us in Connecticut is more important than being close to family.
Claire--I totally agree, we actually had that exact conversation and wondered if going to BYU would actually benefit us more than graduating at the top of the class elsewhere. Also, I would rather get a no now than a yes in three months, just for the knowledge.
Sorry to here the news but it'll all work out! We can't wait to hear where you'll spend the next few years! How cool about Temple though...seriously, I told Sam the story the other day!
Post a Comment