What we did not expect was this when we opened the grill:

Granted, we hadn’t used the grill since February, but still—it was a shock.
This leads us to my greatest fear—birds.
Birds of any shape, size or color.
Obviously I did NOT help clean up the grill so we could begin. In fact, I didn’t even actually step outside. I peeked around the corner from the doorway, got the gist of it and then waited (inside, with the door closed) for picture evidence to look at more fully. I was convinced that the mama bird (there were several egg shells on the ground), would come swooping in to rescue her home.
While I have never especially enjoyed birds (the bird show at Sea World was torture for me), my fear did not truly materialize until after I watched Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds” my senior year of high school.
I didn’t like the little finches my Grammy kept for a year or so, I hate the parrots that street vendors always seem to have about, and I have been known to duck and cover in the park when the seagulls are getting too close for comfort.
I know it is not rational.
I know they are more scared of me. (Or is that coyotes?)
But nevertheless, birds are scary.
And icky.
And if you are reading this and trying to come up with a way to scare the bejeebees (sp?) out of me—think again.
I will peck your eyes out if you do.
3 comments:
What a birthday surprise for Ronnie. Just so you know I wouldn't have gotten out of the house. Birds are also my worst fear, just wait until you have kids and they want to go look at the ducks. I hate them all of them. Don't their eyes just burn through you like they know something you don't. I shiver just thinking about them. I HATE birds!
I also hate birds. I find that, other than being scary beyond all reason, they are also very dirty, which also bothers me.
This is me looking at that picture: 'what the?... holy crap!' Happy b-day to Ronnie. :)
Post a Comment