Saturday, December 01, 2007

Nesting

So, I'm told that before I have the baby, I'll have a burst of energy and get things done around the house.

It is not happening.

I am cleaning the house today, but only because it is on my to-do list for the day (and we all know how I am about my to-do list).

Again, consider this post your confirmation that nothing is happening.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yeah, about that burst of energy. It really does happen. Really and truly. One day you'll just feel fabulous and the next you'll wake up with contractions. At least that's how it worked for me. Only I didn't use that energy to clean my house or do anything baby related for that matter. I went out with my husband and watched a movie -- the last movie I seen in a theater since then (yes, it was worth every penny). I didn't think anything of it at the time (even though it was indeed odd to be feeling so good for the first time in 9 months) since I was still over 2 weeks away from my due date. But 24 hours later, after waking up the next morning miserable with painful contractions, I had a baby. (I totally blame his early arrival on the full moon.) It's amazing, though, just how fantastic you can feel right before the big day. So for your sake, you in the big, awkward, uncomfortable pregnant state that you are in, I hope your moment of feeling fabulous comes very soon!