Sunday, December 23, 2007

Sunday, Sunday

I love Sundays.

Well, actually I have a love/hate relationship with them. I love the edification that I can receive at church and the laid-back atmosphere of the day, but HATE that it means the beginning of another week.

But guess who's not working for another 4 weeks?

That's right--me! I'm loving every minute I can spend with my little one.

Now on to the stuff that I really wanted to say.

Seeing as how it is December, the peak of RSV season, Ronnie and I have decided that Easton will not be attending church until his blessing (roughly). My dad came over this morning and watched him while Ronnie and I attended Sacrament Meeting. (You should have seen the strange looks we were getting since I am obviously not pregnant and we didn't have a child with us.)

The hard part of this decision is that I am in primary and teach my little CTR 6 class in the last hour and Ronnie is in Young Mens and also has obligations during the last hour. The mom of one little boy in my class is an absolute sweetheart and has substituted for me for the last two weeks, but I feel bad continuing to ask the parents to sub.

The Bishop got up to the pulpit today and made an announcement that significantly relieved my stress.

Our ward is only having Sacrament Meeting next week.

You may wonder why?---and you would be among most of the ward, but when church is changed from three hours to one hour, you don't ask questions--you just roll with it.

P.S. When asked by the Bishop where Easton was today, Ronnie responded, "He was sleeping, so we left him at home. Are we not supposed to do that?" It got quite the laugh.
Note: We are not actually delinquent parents. Easton was enjoying a nice nap with his Grandpa right next to him.

2 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Good call on keeping Easton at home...Ian was home for the first 8 weeks.....and we have no regrets at all. He was also a winter baby.

Look at you being all responsible and teaching your class and going to church! well done!

Stevens Family said...

Oh, Ronnie! That is too much! I'm passing that story right along!