Thursday, March 06, 2008

Oh, to be 5 again: Week 7

Erc has a discipline system that includes clips. When she has to get after a child, a clip goes on their name tag. Two clips in one day and they have to miss recess (which, according to any elementary-aged child is the WORST punishment possible).

Normally, Erc makes this time extremely boring for them. They can’t help her with any projects, they can’t read or do any activities, etc. They just sit.

Bill* had gotten two clips and was in for recess. Erc had a deadline to get a few things into the office, so she took Bill down the hall with her. On the way, the following conversation happened.

Bill: I just know that when teachers are bad they get clips on their nametags. I just know it.
Erc: Oh yeah?
Bill: Yeah, probably in the principal’s office there are nametags for the clips. You didn’t even have to tell me they were there. I just know.

Apparently, the entire world is run on a system of clips on nametags.

*Not the child’s real name.

Be sure to scroll down to see the winner of the giveaway!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love it how kids just seem to have it all figured out.