Sunday, August 31, 2008

And then I woke up and realized

I may have owned a DVR a bit too long.

So.

Last night I had a dream. It was about work and completely unrealistic. It wasn't a nightmare, but not necessarily pleasant. About half way through the dream, I woke up. It was that kind of waking up when you know that you are just going to continue the same dream when you go back to sleep. I promptly decided that I didn't want to finish that dream, so I fast-forwarded it.

Yep.

I lay there as the dream flew by in silence (just like I was using my beloved DVR). After I knew I had gotten to the end, I fell back asleep and had a completely different (yet still slightly disturbing) dream.

Weird? Yeah, I thought so too.

2 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

This made me laugh HARD!

Just yesterday we were at the park and I turned my head just in time to miss a guy getting pummeled by a huge kite. My family was laughing, the guy was laying on the ground, his friend was too...but only because he was laughing so hard he couldn't stand up.

My initial reaction... a sort of mental, "I can just REWIND and watch it, no worries!" Then as I mentally grabbed my mental remote...REALITY! Crap! That DVR TOTALLY messes with you mind! :)

Carolyn said...

This is so interesting, KaLee! The power of the human mind... :)