Thursday, November 13, 2008

Backtracking

I fall asleep fast.

I mean REALLY fast.

There have been times when Ronnie and I are having a conversation, I say something, he says something and before he has finished his sentence I am gone.

So those times when I have to actually lay in bed and think about how I want to be sleeping drive me crazy!

Last night it happened.

Prayers, scriptures, etc. I get into bed, turn off the lights.....and lay there.

I switch positions.....and still lay there.

After what seemed like e.tern.i.ty I opened my eyes to look at the clock.

12 minutes.

(Have I mentioned that I'm not very patient?)

During those 12 minutes, my mind was all over the place (I hope I'm not the only one who does that). After some time I realized that I was somewhere way different than where I had started and so I decided to see if I could backtrack my thoughts. How exactly did I get from "I can't sleep" to "Old friends who used to live across the alley?"

And now, for your reading pleasure I give you--my thought process:

I can't sleep
I hope Easton sleeps through the night again tonight
Babies are great
Alayna better start sleeping better
Thanksgiving will be fun--I can see her!
Easton had better perform for the family
Grandma and Grandad are just going to eat him up
I miss them
I miss them differently than when they are on their missions
Someday I want to go to Houston where they served
Don't I have someone I know who lives in Houston?
Oh yeah, my old friend from across the alley, David B.

And now I challenge you to backtrack a train of thought it your mind. You might find it to be fun! (or weird...but that would mean that I am weird, so I'm pretty sure it will be fun)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I swear I did this same thing last night, must have been the night for it. Your post totally cracked me up, I had a little chuckle and all!!

sdheinens said...

You are so not weird because I do this all the time. My thought process goes something like this though...I love my baby, I hope she sleeps good, I wish I could go to sleep as fast as Kyle. Where is my phone in case someone breaks in, is the monitor turned up loud enough so that I can hear Michaela. Man I have too much to do tomorrow, just go to sleep. Thats about an everyday night for me. THanks for sharing yours. I loved it!!! :D