I enjoy my sleep.
Even more now than ever before in my life (motherhood will do that to you).
So, when Ronnie got home from his early-morning church meetings, I handed the Easton care taking over to him and promptly went back to bed (the one blessing of 12p.m. church).
And then I dreamed. (Imagine that!)
It was a crazy, unrealistic one. This is where you are probably wishing that I won't bore you with the details, but tough, this is my blog and I can do what I want to.
My family was having a reunion. On BYU campus (this would NEVER happen in real life since many people I'm related to are not such big fans of the BYU). Anyway. So also on campus were hundreds of missionaries (though this is in no way related to anything else, they were there, so I am telling you). I was outside and ducked under a leafless tree and my hair got caught, really caught. Ronnie came over and started to get me untangled when he said that he was going to need a knife or scissors and went inside to find something. I waited.
And then waited some more.
Finally, I decided that I would take matters into my own hands and instead of being stuck under the stupid tree I would break off the branch and walk inside myself. (What a novel idea!)
When inside, I found Ronnie playing a board game with family members. He looked up and me and didn't say a word. This is when I started getting mad. Really mad. Really, really mad. And then I started crying.
Then I woke up.
And I was still mad. I knew it was just a dream and that Ronnie would never do anything like that in real life, but I was fuming. I laid in bed for a few minutes trying to calm down. After a while I thought that I could at least act normal and went out to the front room, didn't say anything and went about getting myself breakfast.
Ronnie noticed my stony silence and tried to get me to talk to him. I remained quiet. While I knew I was being ridiculous, I couldn't get over the feeling.
Luckily, it was Ronnie's turn to take his morning nap and in the next hour or so I found plenty of time to simmer down. (For goodness sake, it wasn't like I had dreamt that he yelled at me, or cheated on me, or anything truly upsetting).
So now I'm over it.
Have any of you ever done this? Let dreams dictate feelings?
4 comments:
Seem like 'nap dreams' are always vivid and crazy! Maybe that is why I don't take naps.
This happens to me more often than I like. Actually, it happens quite frequently. Maybe I have issues. For example, I had a horrible dream that my dad beat me and I had to hit him to get him off my mom and I. So needless to say I woke up crying and I was afraid of my dad like the whole next day. They are never fun.
I had a dream that Tadd cheated on my with an ex girlfriend, when I woke up I was so mad, I don't think I spoke to him for an entire day. I still get mad just thinking about it!!
Yeah, I've had a couple of dreams like that. One of them was like Amber's, and I was mad for the whole day, it put me into some wierd funk.
Post a Comment