Sunday, January 25, 2009

I was victorious

Our apartment is set up as such that when the heater kicks on it takes all of the cold water available (please forgive me--I can't explain it much better that that. I don't really get it).

Ronnie and I have become very good at remembering to turn off the heater before entering the shower.

But today, I forgot.

About 3 minutes into my shower routine I remembered. And then I decided that the chances of the heater kicking on in the next 3 minutes were slim, so I did not get out to remedy the situation.

One minute after that, I felt it. Scalding hot water. This same thing has happened to Ronnie several times and he always gets out of the shower mighty quickly (or yells for me to turn off the heater, whichever is more convenient).

I decided that the apartment was not going to get the best of me. I was going to beat the heater.

So, I waited for my body to acclimate to the new water temperature and finished my leisurely shower.

I totally won.

(Unless you count the fact that my legs were BRIGHT red and had signs of first degree burns when I got out).

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oh my heck! That made me laugh so hard! I TOTALLY would do the same!

YAY FOR STUBBORN-NESS!

Unknown said...

OUCH!

D.B. said...

Ours is just the oppposite? It uses all the hot water and our shower gets cold.

sdheinens said...

Oh my gosh! I was totally just laughing. You are crazy...staying in there. I'm glad you won though, good job.