Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Easton 2.75 years

Wow, can you believe he is thisclose to 3 years old?  It's going to rock his world when he has to tell people he is three and not "two ana half."

Easton is crazy.  He loves to read books, sing songs, line up his cars and watch movies.  His current favs include ABC Signing Time and Casey at the Bat (classic Disney cartoon).

Easton has been sleeping in a big boy bed since we moved into the new house on August 3rd.  We figured why not totally rock his world and do all of the the changes at once?  No, actually, it went really well, because we didn't have to go through the "giving the crib to Kendree" fight.  He got a new bed and a new room and a new house and it was just. that. exciting.

He sleeps awesome in it for both naps and bedtime and still doesn't really get that he can get up when he wants to (but who am I to teach him that!).  I have a feeling that when we finally take away that binky, we may have more of an issue, but that remains to be seen.

Easton is 37 inches tall and around 27 or 28 pounds (none of those measurements are official, just Ronnie and I randomly measuring him). He is still skinny as a rail and though he needs the length in 3T pants, they fall off his skinny bum (a trait from my side of the family).

He is currently very into signing all of the letters of the alphabet and recognizes all of his letters when you point to them.  At first I thought it was just because most of his books with letters are in alphabetical order, but then he shocks me with reading out "O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L" off of one of his toy cars and proves me wrong.  He reads from left to right about 50% of the time and right to left the other 50.  I figure I don't have to push that too hard just yet. He recognizes numbers 0-12 and still has difficulty counting consistently from 12 to 20.  We get phrases correct (like 18, 19, 20) but numbers are still jumbled and missing in the middle. 

Easton also loves colors and shapes and rainbows are quite possibly his favorite thing ever.  He loves them in books and movies, but then last week we were going to Wal-Mart and saw a double, full, rainbow.  It was so funny to see him realize that they actually exist in life.  He almost couldn't list off the colors fast enough.

Easton is getting to be such a great big brother.  He loves his "Kenny Bear" and while he is still a classic big brother a lot of the time, he wants to help her and include her in things that we do.

We love our Easton--and he loves you!

No comments: